Deadline: 18th July, 2019.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
The purpose of this role is to support Finance and Human Resource department on Timesheet management and reconciliation from Plan International Nigeria’s inception to date as well as prepare apportioned and shared cost staff cost recovery. This is to ensure that all timesheets for staff reflect the amount of time spent on respective projects.
Dimension of Role:
Communicates within Plan International Nigeria only. The post holder will contribute towards;
- Reconciling timesheets submitted to Human Resource department thus interfacing with both Finance and Human Resource departments
- Ensure staff costs are recovered from Projects for all apportioned and shared cost staff
Area of Responsibility – CO, Abuja.
- Timesheets are available for staff for all the years
- Compute the hours on the timesheet by making use of the SAP posted OHDS/Zjournal documents from finance.
- Support the Finance & Operations Manager – To review whether staff costs charged on to projects agree with the hours indicated on the timesheets.
- Complete a Staff cost recovery template for apportioned and shared cost staff and ensure its periodic update.
- Arrange the time sheets month by month from inception to date and file accordingly.
- Carry out any other assigned tasks.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Finance Management.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft excel.
- Fluency in English language required.
- Preferred qualifications: knowledge of and experience with key donors in the industry is strongly preferred.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in grant and financial management.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders.
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity.
- Provides good and adequate support to enable programmes to meet its agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organizational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations.
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities. Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.